Wednesday, November 5, 2008

People’s Lodge & Restaurant, Banaue

A side story of:Based on my notes, I was supposed to check-in at some other place nearby, but I ended up staying at People’s Lodge, basically because the place looked really nice and cool, and the owner was very accommodating; she let me leave my things at the counter while I was still deciding.

Besides, I was already too tired to move around and look for a place to stay after the long ride from Manila. Plus, as soon as I got in, I was mesmerized by the refreshing view from the veranda at the back of the lodge.

breakfast, Banaue

The lodge is situated right at the town center and had most everything I needed: a nice, clean comfortable private room with its own bath that has a hot shower. The room had one double and one twin bed, no air-con, phone or TV (like most lodging places in the Cordilleras), reasonable enough at only P400 per day (this was sometime in October 2008).

People’s Lodge, Banaue


People’s Lodge, Banaue

The lodge has its own restaurant, for me a big plus as I don’t have to look for some place to dine each time I get hungry (which is often ), especially after a very tiring day of photo-sightseeing. Prices are just about average, from P80 to P120 per meal.

People’s Lodge, Banaue


People’s Lodge, Banaue


People’s Lodge, Banaue

People’s Lodge also provides Internet access on site (at P50 per hour). Very convenient if you’re the type who needs to check your email daily (like me).

People’s Lodge, Banaue

The lodge also has a souvenir shop, and even a mini-store that sells basic essentials, including bottled water and soda at just about the same prices as in Manila. Grrr!

View People’s Lodge SlideShow

Back to:

No comments:

Post a Comment